- Unique “onion” shape offers greater strength and resistance against wind and snow-buildup
- No eaves or shoulders
- 8mm UV-coated twin wall polycarbonate over main body
- 10mm twin wall polycarbonate on front and back for added strength
- Warranty of 10 years for the polycarbonate
- Warranty of 15 years for the frame
- Heavy duty Dutch door with keyed lock
- Includes oversized, hinged, rear wall window
- 1 Roof Window with automatic opener
- One of the sturdiest hobby greenhouses available
The Riga is truly a greenhouse by the European definition of a greenhouse. Designed, engineered, and manufactured in Germany by Hoklartherm, a leading manufacturer of commercial and hobby greenhouses with 28 years experience. The Riga backyard greenhouse has a beautiful “onion-shaped” design and is one of the sturdiest hobby greenhouses on the market. One major advantage of the Riga’s construction method is that the frame profiles are permanently attached to each other, and won’t come loose over time due to wind pressures. The “onion” has no eaves or shoulders giving it significantly less wind resistance.
The Riga Greenhouse has been tested against winds up to 100 miles per hour and has never been blown away (when properly anchored to the ground). No eaves also means no significant snow build up! This is not only attractive but aids in shedding snow loads. The Riga Hobby Greenhouse comes standard with 8mm polycarbonate on the roof and sidewalls and 10mm twin wall polycarbonate on the endwalls. No other hobby greenhouse kit on the market comes standard with this kind of insulation. The heavy duty lockable Dutch door offers increased ventilation options while preventing the unwanted access of animals and pests. The doorframe is a wide 29.6 inches, more than wide enough to drive a standard wheelbarrow through. The Riga Series is the only greenhouse with an oversized, hinged, rear wall window at 42″ tall and 30″ wide and an oversized roof window 40″ wide and 24″ deep (equivalent to 2 regular size roof windows).